Nilly's Diary

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 & I

Salam
I hope 2011 is treating you all well :) mine is off to a great start, il 7amdellah.
Following Wafa's post, I find this pretty interesting. So, here goes my share....hope you enjoy ;)

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Said no and took a stand for myself, and forgive and forget more.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I do not make new year resolution.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my girl friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, il 7amdellah

5. What countries did you visit?
I lived in Lebanon during the first half of 2010, visited Dubai, went to Amman several times, and moved to the United States in the second half :)

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Al 7amdulellah, I think I had and have everything I want.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
7/16, when I started my job :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I made my mom happy and proud. And I have a group of girl friends that I love.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing, il 7amdulellah

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Every time I buy my kids something that puts a smile on their faces.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My daughter’s.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Shoes, clothes, make-up, food, and other life expenses.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The job promotion that I received on the first day of Eid Aladha, and my new teaching position…yay!! However, I can be easily amused by the tiniest things…lol

15. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010?
None, I am not a big fan of music.

16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Happier

ii. Thinner or fatter?
Same!!

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer, il 7amdulellah

17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing, really.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Sponge Bob and iCarly. This is what my two little ones watch…lol

20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate a strong word. That’s what I always teach my children. I prefer dislike, and yes. I have some people added to that list ;)

21. What was the best book you read?
Chicken soup for mother’s soul.

22. What did you want and get?
A job and girl friends :)

23. What was your favorite film of this year?
Avatar.

24. What did you do on your birthday?
Hanged with hubby and kids :)

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Business casual, high heels, and jeans ;)

26. What kept you sane?
Allah, my mom, my husband.

27. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t care about politics.

28. Who did you miss?
My hubby and my mom :(

29. Who was the best new person you met?
There was more than one, il 7amdellah :)

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
Treat other people the way you would like to be treated.
Always believe that God is watching over you and anything that happens in our lives happen for a reason that we will see and discover latter on.

Love ~