Nilly's Diary

Monday, August 8, 2011

Ramadan in our house


I was planning to put this post earlier in Ramadan. What stopped me was the sad news that happened with Naysan made everything seems worthless to talk about.  May Allah be on your side Naysan. My heart and prayers are with you dear!!
I found these lights in a store here in Fayetteville a long with the lantern. I used to do a lot more when we first came to the states and my oldest girls were young. I went above and beyond to create that special atmosphere about Ramadan. Now that they are old enough to have had some background about the holy month and are able to fast for few years now, I stopped paying attention.
This year and since Zayna and Kareem still need to pick up that habit, I decided to bring back the old traditions to our household. So here I am sharing with you what I did :)





What do you guys think!!